Thank you for your interest in possible employment at Northwest Christian School. We realize that the key to a successful Christian school is its staff. We seek applicants who are professionally qualified, who really love children, and who, by the pattern of their lives, are Christian role models (Luke 6:40). Due to the fact that we are a Christian school, we require our employees to be born-again believers and actively involved in an evangelical, Bible-believing church.
All paid positions require a Fingerprint Clearance Card or a clean background check and state-level fingerprint clearance. Full Time Teaching applicants should possess 2-5 years teaching experience, a valid Arizona Teaching Certificate and an Arizona Fingerprint card. Substitute Teacher applicants should possess the skills needed to effectively maintain and manage a classroom. Applicants should also have a valid Arizona Substitute Certificate and Arizona Fingerprint Card. Please note that we must have a complete application on file. Resumes alone are not considered an application with NCS. Early Education, Extended Care, and Mini-Crusaders positions also require proof of a negative Mantoux skin test for tuberculosis, a notarized criminal history affidavit, and four references.
Employment at Northwest Christian School is open to qualified individuals who are Christians of good character, without regard or reference to race, gender, national or ethnic origin, color, age or disability. Northwest Christian School is a religious educational ministry. As such, we are permitted to hire to our mission and employ those individuals who are the best match for our position openings. All prospective and current employees must agree with Northwest Christian School's Mission Statement, and they must be willing to conduct their lives in conformity with the school's Statement of Faith and the school's declaration and agreement to ethical and moral integrity. Employment applications are found below. Once you fill out your application, save it to your computer and then attach it to an email to Kate Lewis. You may also drop off your application in person at Northwest Christian School at 16401 North 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, 85053. If you have any questions, please contact me either by email or by phone at (602) 978-5134 x506.
Sincerely, Kate Lewis, Human Resources Director
2020-2021 NCS Positions
To apply, please fill out the application referenced below, and submit to:
Kate Lewis via email, fax (602-978-5804) or regular mail (16401 North 43rd Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona, 85053)
Questions for any listed position may be directed to Kate Lewis.
Teaching PositionsAll teaching applicants must possess the following: a current Arizona teaching certificate (or the ability to obtain one within 2 years), a current Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) teaching certificate (preferred) or commitment to work towards ACSI teaching certification, obtaining certification within 2 years of initial employment (minimum), and teaching experience in the related field. Please complete the Teaching Application and submit the application as well as supporting documents to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Secondary Science
- Secondary English Language Arts
- Secondary Bible
- Middle School Choir - Part Time
Non-Teaching PositionsUnless otherwise noted, interested applicants should complete the Non-Teaching Application and submit the application as well as supporting documents to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax.
- Academic Advisor - This position will work with students in developing meaningful educational goals that are consistent with personal interests, values and abilities. The Advisor will ensure students possess the academic readiness for their post-secondary goals which include either a college or career pathway. Qualified candidates should possess a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in Education and/or Guidance Counseling. A Master's degree in School Counseling is preferred. Complete the Teaching Application and submit the application as well as supporting documents to Kate Lewis via email, regular mail, or fax. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of a completed application.
- Accounts Receivable Assistant - Part Time - This position will support the finance office on a day to day basis with accounting tasks. Experience working in accounting as well as knowledge of and experience working with tax credit organizations is preferred.
- Health Tech - Part Time - The part-time Health Tech will work in the Nursing Office to assist in the provision of medical assessments and interventions for students. This position requires requires an EMT, LPN or Paramedic license. The hours for this position are 11:30 am to 3:00 pm.
- Substitute Teachers - Qualified Substitute Teachers should possess a current State of Arizona Substitute Certificate, an IVP fingerprint card and experience that would enable them to successfully manage a classroom. Substitute Teachers should fill out the Substitute Teacher Application and submit the application to Kate Lewis via email , regular mail, or fax.