COVID19 Relief -- Between now and the end of April, any gift that comes in through this link to our annual Jog-a-thon fundraiser will go directly to support a family impacted in some way by COVID-19. In this way, until these families get back on their feet, your generosity would allow for the Christian education of these students to continue and help us to make certain that our teachers are compensated for the extraordinary and sacrificial efforts that they are putting forward at this time.
Dear NCS family,
The 2019/2020 school year has been a year of tremendous blessing for Northwest Christian School and because of this, the school is in a very exciting position. The generosity expressed by school friends and families at our annual fundraising dinner and auction in September surpassed our expectations by 20%! The results of our 2019 year-end giving campaign in December increased by over 300% when compared to prior years! To be honest, I really cannot explain these blessings other than God’s continued grace and favor on this school and the sacrificial generosity of our families. As we approach Jog-a-thon 2020, I would ask that you join your prayers to mine that we would continue to move towards necessary improvements on this campus. I earnestly believe that if we can maintain our current momentum, we may be surprised by all that God accomplishes!
Jog-a-thon has a tremendous legacy within the school and is responsible for many, if not most, of the campus improvements that our students have enjoyed over the years. This year’s Jog-a-thon campaign is focused on some key improvements that I am eager to report.
- 35% of this year’s Jog-a-thon effort is committed to continued building. Our next project is a kindergarten classroom building that will create increased classroom availability throughout all grade levels. To be clear, despite the school’s waitlist, we are not building these classrooms to grow the school. Instead, we are aiming to improve classroom quality and availability within scheduling for our current student family.
- The next 35% of funding is committed to the purchase of a new campus communications system. This system will allow for new phones, improved security, a campus-wide bell system, and better communication with our families.
- 10% will be committed to our Fine Arts department. Specifically, we have seen real growth within our band program and we will be investing in continued growth.
- As has been the case for the last several years, the next 10% will fund continued improvements to campus security. Slowly, but surely, over the past ten years, this seemingly small, annual allocation has yielded huge improvements on the campus.
- Finally, as has also been the case for the last decade, the remaining balance of Jog-a-thon 2020 will fund our school-wide Missions Learning efforts. This 10%, effectively our tithe, is annually divided across each grade level--from the pre-K all the way up through high school--to fund grade-level-specific service efforts through the nearly two-dozen Christ-honoring non-profits with which each of our students work as they grow to become world-changers.
For many of you reading this letter, participation within Jog-a-thon has been an annual commitment. Thank you for that support and your generosity! Quite literally, you are contributing to the formation of a whole new generation of students ready to see their world transformed for Christ!
Northwest Christian School
(623) 225-5573 (cell)
email Mr. Brown